Sunday, May 22, 2011

Liposuction for Women: Abdomen, Hips, Thighs, Buttocks, and Flanks

Bodies come in all different shapes and sizes. This is due to each individuals unique distribution of fat cells. Historically, storing fat was how our bodies survived during food shortages. Today, we are less fond of certain fat storage. Over the last 50 years, liposuction has proven to be an excellent means of removing fat that often cannot be worked off with exercising and dieting.

I have good news if you have been exercising or dieting and you still have fat deposits that you want to remove--you are an excellent candidate for Liposuction. A healthy person generally achieves results through Liposuction that are not possible through exercising and dieting. This is because bodies tend to store fat in areas that can only be reduced by surgery or extreme levels of caloric restriction.

Great liposuction occurs when a surgeon artistically sculpts and curves a body to maximize beauty. Before you consider liposuction, I recommend you watch the video below to learn more about what is possible through liposuction. I show you different body types in this video to give you a sense of what you might achieve through liposuction. In the video, I also answer the most common questions liposuction patients have during pre-surgery consultations.


Questions & Answers about Liposuction

When Can I Go Back to Work &  Socializing?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before I can return to work and socializing?
Answer: Patients return to work between 2-10 days after Liposuction.  The range depends on the patients desire for confidentiality, comfort, and the nature of the patients work.

How Soon Can I Exercise?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before I can exercise?
Answer: Patients generally can start exercising again 10 days after Liposuction. 

When Will All My Bruising Gone?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before all of my bruising is gone?
Answer: Bruising generally disappears between 10-14 days after Liposuction.  Makeup is a good and successful way to hide post surgery bruising.

When Will I Start Looking Great?
Question: When will I be ready for family pictures or a close-up photo?
Answer: Patients can plan on taking pictures and returning to full function after 4-6 weeks following Liposuction.

When Will I Be Fully Healed?
Question: When will I be 100% healed?
Answer: As a general rule, cosmetic surgery requires 6-12 months before all healing is complete. Most patients feel and look 100% after 6 weeks. The body takes care of the rest without us ever knowing.

Consultation 

Please schedule a consultation if you are interested in learning more about plastic surgery. I am based in Palo Alto, California and I work with patients from all over. We can be reached during business hours and will promptly respond to messages left outside of business hours. Phone: 650.328.4570

If you are interested in having plastic surgery in a place near your home, please consider one of the world class plastic surgeons I have recommended based on my substantial approval of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment