Sunday, May 22, 2011

Will A Nose Job Get Rid of the Hump On My Nose?

There are over 6 billion people on planet earth and every one of them has a different nose. Some noses have a hump, some noses have a slope and a few noses are straight. This blog entry addresses those who want to learn more about removing their hump, also known as a dorsal hump.

I have good news for you if you have a hump on your nose; this is the easiest nose to operate on. Because of the starting point, I have more to work with and can create different shapes through surgical artistry. This allows me to reduce the hump, flatten the hump, or even give you a slight slope.

Before you schedule a consultation with me or another surgeon, I recommend that you collect pictures of up to 10 noses that you like so we can talk about your goals and options. Additionally, I encourage you to enjoy the video below which will help you see what is possible for you.  In the video, I also answer the most common questions nose surgery patients have during pre-surgery consultations.


Questions & Answers about a Nose Job

When Can I Go Back to Work &  Socializing?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before I can return to work and socializing?
Answer: Patients return to work between 2-10 days after Nose Surgery.  The range depends on the patients desire for confidentiality, comfort, and the nature of the patients work.

How Soon Can I Exercise?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before I can exercise?
Answer: Patients generally can start exercising again 10 days after Nose Surgery. 

When Will All My Bruising Gone?
Question: How many days after surgery do I have to wait before all of my bruising is gone?
Answer: Bruising generally disappears between 10-14 days after Nose Surgery.  Makeup is a good and successful way to hide post surgery bruising.

When Will I Start Looking Great?
Question: When will I be ready for family pictures or a close-up photo?
Answer: Patients can plan on taking pictures and returning to full function after 4-6 weeks following Nose Surgery.

When Will I Be Fully Healed?
Question: When will I be 100% healed?
Answer: As a general rule, cosmetic surgery requires 6-12 months before all healing is complete. Most patients feel and look 100% after 6 weeks. The body takes care of the rest without us ever knowing.

Consultation 

Please schedule a consultation if you are interested in learning more about plastic surgery. I am based in Palo Alto, California and I work with patients from all over. We can be reached during business hours and will promptly respond to messages left outside of business hours. Phone: 650.328.4570

If you are interested in having plastic surgery in a place near your home, please consider one of the world class plastic surgeons I have recommended based on my substantial approval of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment